A terrorist attack is a surprise attack involving the deliberate use of violence against civiliansin the hope of attaining political or religious aims
What can you do after a bomb threat or an explosion?
In the face of a terrorist threat:
- If you see a suspicious package or an abnormal situation, stay far away.
- Call 911 and warn everybody in your neighbourhood.
During a terrorist attack
- Listen to 97.9 FM on the radio.
- Follow all instructions from the government and the security officials
- Protect yourself from falling objects.
- Help each other as much as possible.
- Run to a place with no buildings due to the danger of a collapse.
- Do not return to the place of the attack.
- Do not stand in a group. More bombs may explode.
- Stay away from windows, which can break and parked cars, which can explode.
- Do not light matches or switch on lighters because gas can explode.
- Give the police all information that can help in their investigation, e.g. car signs, description.
- Give the police any pictures you may have taken with your cell phone or digital camera./li>
- After the attack, watch television, listen to the radio, or download information from www.kalamidat.cw and download the app Kalamidat.
Example of terrorist attack
What to do during an terrorist attack