An epidemic occurs when an infectious disease spreads rapidly too many people.In reality, you can do hardly anything to avoid an epidemic. However, you can make sure you are as safe as possible.
Before an epidemic:
- Make sure you have a radio that works on batteries.
- Switch it on to 97.9 FM.
- Make sure you have food and water stocks at home in the case of an emergency
- Visit the website www.kalamidat.cw and download the app Kalamidat in the App store of Google play.
During an epidemic:
- Always use paper handkerchiefs that you can dispose of straight away.
- Cover you mouth when sneezing or coughing.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Stay at home if you have an infectious disease.
- Stay far away from infected persons.
Go to your doctor if you have symptoms of the disease.
What can you do