Always have an emergency kit in your home. It will help you to get through in a disaster. The list of important products, which you must always have at home, is stated below. You can add other products, such as personal medicine. Check every six months if your disaster kit is complete and in good condition.
The following video shows you how to make an emergency kit:
Content emergency kit:
- A battery radio on 97.9 FM, the emergency station;
- An emergency kit with instructions;
- A flashlight with extra batteries;
- Boxes of matches protected against humidity;
- Cash and copies of identity and insurance papers;
- Extra house and car keys;
- A map of the neighbourhood and a list of addresses of families or friends, with whom you can stay during an emergency.
- A tool kit;
- 3 liters of water per day for each person in the house for at least 5 days.
- A five-day stock of canned foods (a minimum);
- Hygiene products, such as toilet paper, soap, laundry soap, sanitary napkins, toothpaste, toothbrush;
- Enough medicine.